Date:      Fri, 31 May 1996 12:10:55 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU (Veggy Vinny)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: long motd files - screen pause?

> 	Hmmm, okay but how do some machines make the motd pause even
> before it knows the termcap?

By assuming 24 lines or by using the telnet/rlogin/sigwinch(pty)
hints as to terminal size (assuming they are set up correctly).

On a 50 line diplay, you may get 3 "more" prompts this way.

Obviously, the "more" prompts aren't reverse video (unless it hard codes
a terminal type in /etc/ttys).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---