Date:      Sat, 07 Aug 1999 13:25:43 -0400
From:      "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   host byte order in networkin routines?!?

A friend writing some portable network tunneling software ran into an
interesting thing... when you specify "IP_HDRINCL" with SOCK_RAW,  and
IPPROTO_RAW you need to construct the outgoing packet in host byte order.

This seems wonderfully inconsistent with all of the other socket based
networking interface in FreeBSD, and it is also inconsistent with other
Operating Systems.   Would it be possible to get this changed?  I can provide
diffs if need be.

--
David Cross                               | email: crossd@cs.rpi.edu
Systems Administrator/Research Programmer | Web: http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~crossd