Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 2002 15:40:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Kristian Larsson <kristian@zarknet.tk>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: hello

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Kristian Larsson wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> I'm new to both this list and FreeBSD, so be gentle ;)

Welcome aboard. Let me (gently) instruct you in a few items related to how
we use our mailing lists. First, new users should probably subscribe to
and read freebsd-questions. This will give you a pretty good introduction
to how things work around here. Second, for new users especially, you
should send all questions to that list first. There are some really smart
people who read it, and they are generally pretty friendly. If you need to
send your question to a more specific list, they can tell you which one.

It makes everyone's life easier if you use a more meaningful subject line
on your e-mail. For your question, something like "How do I see NAT'ed
connections?" would be good.

Last but not least, I also suggest that you subscribe to freebsd-newbies.
This is a discussion list where new users can talk to one another about
their experiences.

Hope this helps,

Doug

--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?