Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 2004 22:19:20 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   DISTFILES problem

--IiVenqGWf+H9Y6IX

Dear porters,

I'm attempting to put together a port for the Gentium TTF font family:

    http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=3Dnrsi&cat_id=3DFon=
tDownloadsGentium

and I've run into a problem in fetching the distfiles.  I'm trying to
download the fonts-ttf-gentium-1.0.1.tar.bz2 package as referenced on
their Gentium Linux page:

    http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=3Dnrsi&item_id=3DGe=
ntium_linux

Unfortunately, due to the irritating content management system in use
at that site, the best URL I can find for downloading the tarball is:

    http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/render_download.php?site_id=3Dnrsi&f=
ormat=3Dfile&media_id=3DGentium_101_LT&_sc=3D1

Which works fine in Mozilla, but causes fetch(1) to generate a bizarre
filename.

What is the recommended method for pulling down a distfile from a URL
which doesn't actually mention the filename?

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way