Date:      Sat, 27 Jun 1998 15:46:15 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        grog@lemis.com (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        jb@cimlogic.com.au, malartre@aei.ca, fpawlak@execpc.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does it's true?

Greg Lehey wrote:
> On Saturday, 27 June 1998 at 15:32:26 +1000, John Birrell wrote:
> > Greg Lehey wrote:
> >> In fact, you're thinking of Australia.  Out here in the wilderness
> >> there's no street lighting, and in the darkness you could get eaten by
> >> a Tasmanian devil.
> >
> > But that'd be after dusk, when the "wildlife" comes out to play.
>
> Sure, that's what he said: after 9 pm.

Try 5:30 pm in autumn/winter.

> Don't know that one.  There's a Flat Kangaroo just near Bendigo,
> though.  The kangaroos round here aren't much of a problem, at least
> not in the day time.  First, our horses are (just) faster, and
> secondly they (the kangaroos) are scared of the devils.

Stay away from Kangaroo Ground just outside Eltham in Vic then. There's at
least one kangaroo that jumps of a bank onto passing motorbikes and gets his
man every time. It doesn't matter how fast you can (or do) go.

And in some places, the only problem they have is their kids taking guns
to school. Duh. 8-)

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137