Date:      09 Jan 2003 08:40:27 +0300
From:      Akifyev Sergey <asa@gascom.ru>
To:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Cc:        Stepan Kucherenko <twohalf@dtd.peterstar.com>
Subject:   Re: New FreeBSD mirror (FTP, CVS) in Russia

--=-IMcZRJw7A2lA6B2pHwqu

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 12:17, Stepan Kucherenko wrote:
> Good time of day.
> We want to place a FreeBSD mirror in our ftp, and create a cvsup mirror t=
oo.
> We have a servers and space on them to support it, and good channels to
> allow a mirroring.
> In Russia now a 2 mirrors.
> ftp.ru.freebsd.org, ftp1.ru.freebsd.org, ftp2.ru.freebsd.org,
> ftp4.ru.freebsd.org pointing to ftp.gamma.ru, and ftp3.ru.freebsd.org
> pointing to ftp.chg.ru.

Our company already knows about this situation...

> So we think that there is need in another FreeBSD mirror in our country.

... And we decided to establish new FreeBSD mirror site (FTP, CVSup,
RSync). We already have FTP fileset downloaded (the stuff is at
ftp://ftp.gascom.ru). So, we must decide somehow who should start
official mirroring. Or should we both do that?

> Is
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/hubs/mirror-becomingo=
ffi
> cial.html right ?
> Is there anything to do except described it this article ?
> And we want to see some statistical info about traffic loads, if any
> available.

Normally, you should prepare for ~8GB per month. (84GB total for now)
But in the times of 5.0 release, traffic will significantly increase :)

> Have a nice new release :-)
>=20
> ---
> Stepan Kucherenko
> Engineer of technical group, Telematics Service Department
> Phone: +7 812 3299004
> Peterstar Telecommunications, http://www.peterstar.ru
>=20
>=20
>=20
> with "unsubscribe freebsd-hubs" in the body of the message
--=20
Akifyev Sergey <asa@gascom.ru>
JSC Gascom (http://www.gascom.ru)

--=-IMcZRJw7A2lA6B2pHwqu