Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:30:02 -0500
From:      Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@crodrigues.org>
To:        Andre Oppermann <andre@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-standards@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: writev(2) and IOV_MAX confusion

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 04:40:02PM +0100, Andre Oppermann wrote:
> Yes, the write(2) man page is missing any reference to <limits.h>.
> I'd say the man page should mention that.

This is a reasonable thing to do.

In the Single Unix Specification, v.3, the
man page for writev() has this text:

   Traditionally, the maximum number of scatter/gather elements the
   system can process in one call were described by the symbolic
   value {UIO_MAXIOV}. In IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 this value is replaced
   by the constant {IOV_MAX} which can be found in <limits.h>.

--
Craig Rodrigues
http://crodrigues.org