Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 2003 14:17:14 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        des@ofug.org
Cc:        dgilbert@velocet.ca
Subject:   Re: [hackers] Re: Realtek

In message: <xzpd6k7feqh.fsf@flood.ping.uio.no>
            des@ofug.org (Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav) writes:
: "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com> writes:
: > An address that works.  Without further knowledge of your laptop, i=
: > is impossible for me to say.  You will have to find this out by tri=
al
: > and error.  Some folks like 0xf8000000, others like 0x400000000 and=

: > one uses 0xd4000, but the last one I don't recommend.
: =

: 0xf8000000 seems to work on my StinkPad (still can't get the serial
: port to work though).  It still complains about an "invalid BAR
: number: 27(06)".  Plenty of ACPI errors too, but I don't really expec=
: much from an IBM laptop.

Cool.  I'm sorry you have to do these ugly hacks, and hope to get
things working better soon.

Maybe I should add a stinkpad to my wish list :-)

Warner