Date:      Sun, 26 Feb 1995 21:20:34 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Mike Grupenhoff <kashmir@umiacs.UMD.EDU>
Cc:        Peter da Silva <peter@bonkers.taronga.com>, hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, security@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: key exchange for rlogin/telnet services?

> It still sounds like you only need your passwords protected.  Wouldn't
> s/key be enough for this?  The s/key hooks in 2.0 work very well for me.

I won't have control over all the sites I want to use.  Encrypting my
entire session gives me much more flexibility over what I can do
during that session, and it means I only have to really have it set up
on two reasonably secure hosts to buy a large measure of security for
that "first hop" I've so little control over.  I have considered S/key
and the other currently available options.  They're truly
insufficient.

					Jordan