Date:      Sun, 21 Jul 2002 16:51:36 +0200
From:      Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>
Subject:   Re: Problems building lot's of ports .in files missing

[ take this with caution, I'm writing from memory not experience ]

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 16:30 -0400, stan wrote:

> Virtualy every port I have tried to build the week has failed because it's
> missing soe .in file (config.h.in for instnace).
>
> This is after CVSUP'ong and portupgrade'ing last weekend.

The ports usually come with the _result_ of the x.in -> x
processing.  Only when the result is absent or considered
outdated, make tries to recreate it and therefor needs the
.in file.  Check your clock and the files' timestamps.

Another cause might be a version mismatch in the GNU auto*
tools (autoconf, automake).  Check the archives for this (maybe
a search for "configure.in" or "Makefile.in" helps?).

virtually yours   82D1 9B9C 01DC 4FB4 D7B4  61BE 3F49 4F77 72DE DA76
Gerhard Sittig   true | mail -s "get gpg key" Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net