Date:      Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:52:36 -0500
From:      Ben Nell <enemy.cow@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hardware reccomendations

Hi All:

I am running FreeBSD 5.2 on a Dell Inspiron 8600, and I am interested
in swapping out the mini-pci wireless NIC.  It's a Centrino machine,
and I believe that the 802.11b card that is currently present is a
Broadcom.  Regardless, it doesn't appear to be supported.  I've used
the NDIS wrapper driver found in current release, but I'm not happy
with it's performance and would prefer to just replace the card with a
well-supported 802.11g card.

What I'm looking for is a reccomendation of chipset/brand/model from
anyone.  I'm fairly new to wireless networking and would appreciate
any insight or personal opinions anyone would care to share.

Thanks,

BN