Date:      Thu, 07 Aug 2008 19:31:06 +0200
From:      Zbigniew Szalbot <z.szalbot@lcwords.com>
To:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: newsyslog.conf / rotating logs based on size AND time

Hello,

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 13:12:45 -0400, Garance A Drosehn <gad@FreeBSD.org>
wrote:
> I haven't looked closely at newsyslog in awhile.  I started to
> write up a reply to you, but in a quick test newsyslog does not
> seem to be working the way that I expected it to work.  It might
> just be that I was too tired to think straight when I was testing.
> I'll try to get back to this sometime later today.

I appreciate it! I just thought I am unable to set up even a simple thing.
If newsyslog cannot really be used like that, what else would people
recommend? I just glanced at rotatelog but I had impression that it was
also unable to use two conditions to rotate logs. However, I may just be
plain wrong.

Thanks!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot