Date:      Wed, 7 Dec 2005 11:57:13 -0500
From:      Jesse Sheidlower <jester@panix.com>
To:        "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Repost: DHCP failing with WiFi after 6.0 upgrade

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 01:53:09PM +1030, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> On Friday,  2 December 2005 at  7:49:33 -0500, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:
> > I sent this yesterday to -questions, but in retrospect perhaps this
> > really is the right place; sorry for the duplication.

> > I can't seem to get a DHCP lease, however:
> >
> >   # dhclient wi0
> >   DHCPDISCOVER on wi0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 5
> >   DHCPDISCOVER on wi0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 15
> >   No DHCPOFFERS received.
> >   No working leases in persistent database - sleeping.
> >
> > (Under 4.11, I didn't get any verbose output from dhcpclient.)
>
> Yes, I've seen exactly this.  But I've also discovered that if I
> interrupt this dhclient (^C) and restart, it works immediately the
> second time.  Have you tried that?  What happened?

I did not try that; but after I originally reported the
problem, Kevin Oberman suggested that it could be a routing
issue, so I flushed my routing table, and now have been
happily getting DHCP leases over wi0 whenever I need
them. When I remember to do this, I have no problems going
back and forth between Ethernet and wireless.

Thanks.

Jesse Sheidlower