Date:      Wed, 2 May 2007 12:04:54 +0100
From:      Danny Woods <dannywoodz@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A good server motherboard.

On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 08:58:19PM +0200, Andreas Rudisch wrote:
> On Tue, 01 May 2007 17:01:48 +0200, Christopher Prance
> <lildevildude@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >If you were to build a server using FreeBSD 6.2 , basically for home use,
> >serving media files, small web server, basically a very small load, which
> >motherboard would you recommend?  Mid range as far as price is concerned.
>
> What about one of these: http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/mainboards/
>
> I have been running a VIA Epia PD for a couple of years now as a home
> server/router without any problems.
>
> Andreas

I'll second that.  I have a EPIA-M board with a fanless 533 C3 that's been running pretty much constantly (moves aside) for the past four or five years.  It's not going to break any speed records, but it quite happily works as a Web server, Subversion repository, mail hub, torrent node and file server without any trouble at all.

Cheers,
Danny.