Date:      Fri, 5 May 2000 09:39:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      mi@privatelabs.com
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@altavista.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/18389: PostgreSQL-7 port fails to build package -- wrong  PLIST?, etc.

On  5 May, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
= Mikhail Teterin wrote:
=
= > >Confidential:   yes
= >
= >         It seems, that  a bunch of tcl files are  not installed, but
= >         are expected  by the PLIST.tcl  . Also, the  port, probably,
= >         should not require Tk, since  the software builds pgtclsh by
= >         default. Tk is usually run-time loadable anyway.
=
= This PR worth almost nothing w/o a patch

This is no way to treat a problem report. The port needs to be marked as
NO_PACKAGE or  some such with a  clear explanation, that the  problem is
known, and someone is working on it.

=(as well as your previous ports/18388).

This was a submission of a NEW  port. What kind of patch do you expect?!
The last section offered a nice and clear URL
	http://virtual-estates.net/tcltls-port.shar.bz2
to the compressed  shar-ball of the new port. I  found it very difficult
to extract shar-balls submitted by myself  and other inside the PRs from
the web-form, where many symbols are replaced according to HTML rules (<
-- &gt;, > --  &lt;, etc.), and switched to the  practice of passing the
reference instead of the value.

= Also I'm unclear why this PR should be confidential????

Oops, that was a mistake. Poor editing, sorry,

	-mi