Date:      Wed, 30 Dec 1998 10:26:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Joseph M. Scott" <jmscott@ainet.com>
To:        Robin Huiser <R.Huiser@Winthesis.nl>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions List <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IP translation software

On Wed, 30 Dec 1998, Robin Huiser wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Right now I am using PPP to connect my FreeBSD server to the internet via a
> modem. It works fine (and transparent) trough all the different types of OS
> I use within my network. Each computer can connect to the internet via
> FreeBSD without having to use a proxy-server or client.

	Very nice that, isn't it?  If only I could get more of my business
customers to go that route :-)

> Is there a package which can do the same thing (IP translation) between
> network cards (instead of a networkcard and modem --> PPP)?

	You're in luck, I can answer this one!  Take a look at natd (
/usr/sbin/natd I believe ).  The manpage on natd give you all the info you
need.  There's a section that describes kind of the bare bones approach
that should get you working and then you can play from there.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Robin Huiser
> ---

* Joseph M. Scott