Date:      Wed, 08 Nov 1995 16:20:55 -0800
From:      Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        hsu@cs.hut.fi, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: port of strace?

  From: asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
   * Sounds like there is a value add for such a port.  I don't think we'd
   * reject it should it be submitted.

  Umm, let me just point out that we've never "reject"ed a port because
  it's "value" is not enough.  There has been a certain member (Paul,
  that's you :) who complains from time to time that a port is not
  worthy (in much less decent language), but that has never been the
  attitude of the whole ports team or the portsmaster (that's me).

Now you're misquoting me.  I never said the port was a <censored>.

I actually do think there are valid reasons for rejecting a port or a
program,  even if we disagree on identd as a specific example.