Date:      Mon, 05 Nov 2001 20:00:10 -0600
From:      jacks@sage-american.com
To:        Rob B <rbyrnes@ozemail.com.au>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /proc/pci equivalent?

Look for an "unknown card" in the dmesg or go to /var/run/dmesg.boot and
look at that to see if it tried to load an unknown card. You have to have
the sound card in the kernel for it to be loaded.... check the handbook on
sound cards and see what to compile in the kernel, like:

#device pcm (works for many in Ver 4.4-stable)

...or something elso

At 12:16 PM 11.6.2001 +1100, Rob B wrote:
>At 11:59 6/11/2001, Chris Hill sent this up the stick:
>>On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Rob B wrote:
>>
>> > Is there a way to see what is on the PCI bus of a system?  Under Linux, I
>> > could do :
>> >
>> >          cat /proc/pci
>> >
>> > and get a dump of everything on the bus.  Is there a command like it in
>> > FreeBSD?
>>
>>You could try scanpci - it tells you stuff like
>>
>>pci bus 0x0 cardnum 0x12 function 0x0000: vendor 0x1000 device 0x000f
>>  NCR 53C875
>>   STATUS    0x0210  COMMAND 0x0007
>>   CLASS     0x01 0x00 0x00  REVISION 0x26
>>   BIST      0x00  HEADER 0x00  LATENCY 0x40  CACHE 0x08
>>...etc., blah bla
>
>Unfortunately, scanpci doesn't exist on my system (or in the ports) and
>Matthew's suggestion of Kcontrol is no good since this box doesn't run
>X.  dmesg shows me what is loaded, but there is a sound device that is not
>being shown, and I know it is there.
>
>Anything else?
>
>Rob
>

>--
>Discordianism: Where reality is a figment of your imagination
>
>[15200.8 km (8207.8 mi), 262.8 deg](Apparent) Rennerian
>This is random quote 331 of a collection of 1184

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Server Admin

Sage-American