Date:      Tue, 15 May 2001 11:53:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Greg Pavelcak <gpav@som.umass.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ncplogin

I'm trying to login to a netware server. I think it's Netware 3.12.
Frame type is 802.3. I'm pretty sure I have the necessary stuff in my
KERNCONF:

options 	IPX
options 	NCP
device		miibus
device		xl
pseudo-device	ef			# Multiple ethernet frames support
options 	ETHER_II		# enable Ethernet_II frame
options 	ETHER_8023		# enable Ethernet_802.3 (Novell) frame
options 	ETHER_8022		# enable Ethernet_802.2 frame
options 	ETHER_SNAP		# enable Ethernet_802.2/SNAP frame

I think my problem is in ifconfig xl0 ipx ... and my general ignorance
about networking.

I've tried various things using the "ether" number from ifconfig and
guessing at the network number, then I do:

	ncplogin /MYSERVER:MYUSERNAME

but I always get:

	ncplogin: can't find server MYSERVER: syserr = Network is down

I have looked at the archived stuff on this question, but apparently I
need some hand-holding here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg