Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 2002 12:37:15 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Danny.Carroll@mail.ing.nl
Cc:        maildrop@qwest.net, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FW: monitor ALL connections to ALL ports

--37cJpJlYZwAfNbm5

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 10:48:01AM +0200, Danny.Carroll@mail.ing.nl wrote:
> Something else you could do, if you want to put the effort into it is
> to write a program that accepts all packets from ipfw (via a divert
> rule) and then logs what you want before returning the untouched
> packed back to ipfw.
>=20
> Much like what natd does, except without the natting.
> I am sure the natd sources would be very useful in this case.

I am a bit surprised that nobody has mentioned ports/net/clog yet.
It is simple yet effective; it does not log UDP packets, but this
functionality may not be too hard to add.

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net	roam@FreeBSD.org
This sentence every third, but it still comprehensible.

--37cJpJlYZwAfNbm5

--37cJpJlYZwAfNbm5--