Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 1996 11:17:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@current1.whistle.com>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD current <freebsd-current@freefall.freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: new gcc

On Mon, 26 Aug 1996, Chuck Robey wrote:

> Whats the status of the efforts to get the gcc upgraded?  I thought it was
> going to happen momentarily, about 2 weeks ago

Maybe it did happen momentarily and you missed it?

seriously I laugh so much about the differnce in the way
Americans use the word "momentarily" from the way it is used
in OZ (and UK too I believe)

for the Americans thinking
"Huh?"
We use the word Momentarily to mean "FOR a moment" , not "In a moment"
so now interpret "The train will be leaving momentarily"
and "Gcc2.7 will be implimented momentarily" in this new light and see
why it breaks me up so much..

julian