Date:      Tue, 02 Nov 1999 21:13:05 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hibernation & Phoenix Notebios???

In message <19991102150258.A28158@pir.net> Peter Radcliffe writes:
: Actually, no.  The suspend to disk partition has to be slightly larger
: than the amount of memory you have (system  memory plus  system state
: and a few other small things).

The libretto docs that I had gave the following formula:
	MAX SYSTEM RAM + VIDEO RAM + 1M
where MAX SYSTE RAM was the largest amount of RAM that your machine
would hold.

: My guess would be that your partition is sized to the maximum amount
: of memory your laptop can take, plus a bit - my Sony was, and I've
: upped the memory to the maximum.

Yes.   My VAIO has (or is that had now) a partition that was 131M in
size, since the max memory was 128M + 2M for video + 1M for slop.

Warner