Date:      Thu, 24 Jul 1997 18:28:28 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Hong Kim <kimh@domp04.adm.intelsat.int>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Use of CVS for CMU CL (fwd)

At a suggestion from Martin (from the CMU CL) project.  I am writing about
some advice on use of CVS.  My message and his reply are below.

I guess my questions center on
1) A reasonable branching strategy.  Martin claims that the experience
   of the BSD project leads one to do development on the main branch
   (HEAD) and use branches to do I&T (Integration and Test) and
   eventually deployment.
2) Remote development.  Client/server, trade patches, cvs import?
   What is good? What works well? What are the caveats to get it
   working good?

Hong