Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 12:05:15 +0900
From:      <taguchi@tohoku.iij.ad.jp>
To:        glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au
Cc:        taguchi@tohoku.iij.ad.jp, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pre-alpha JDK 1.2.2 TimeZone (time) bug fixed!

> This should IMO, DTRT.  I see there is also a call to setlocale() in
> awt_MToolkit.c which links into libawt.so, but this one sets the locale
> to the default "C" locale which should be ok based on your explanation.
> Comments?

I think following code is seemed correct.

if (!XSupportsLocale()) { <--- This means system does not support user's
			       locale. if jdk use libc's setlocale, and
			       user's locale is japanese or korea, then
			       XSupportLocale() will return FALSE.
     jio_fprintf(stderr,
                "current locale is not supported in X11, locale is set to C");
     setlocale(LC_ALL, "C");
}

By other hand, In normal Xt-based (include Motif/lesstif) programs, when
create application context, it must call XtSetLanguageProc(), such as:

void main () {
  XtSetLanguageProc(NULL, NULL, NULL);
  toplevel = XtAppInitialize (&app_con, ..... );
}

But awt_MToolkit.c call XtToolkitInitialize() only.
I think it may be incorrect.
Sorry, I can not say certainly. I was a X programmer LOG TIME AGO, so
I forget many many things.

> > PS: My modification is not tested yet. Because I'm using FreeBSD-4.0-stable.
> > Compilation was OK. But I can not test locale related features.
>
> Right.  Time to get the next patchset out so you can :).

I'm waiting!