Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 2013 11:42:46 -0400
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        lx@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Updating the "texmaker-3.5.2,2" and "texmakerx-2.1_4" ports

Is there any possibility of getting the texmakerx-2.1_4 port, now
officially renamed TeXstudio as of 2011-06-15 updated to the new
release TeXstudio 2.6.0, released on 2013-06-05.

Also, the texmaker-3.5.2,2 port is now at Version 4.0.2 (May 8 2013).
Are there any plans to update that port? I have been informed that
Texmaker requires QT5, and FreeBSD is not robust enough to handle QT5,
hence it cannot be done. If so, then that is a real pity.

I use the latest version of "TeXstudio" on a Windows machine and would
like to be able to use it on my FreeBSD one also. I am not really a fan
of "TexMaker" but would use it if TeXstudio was not available.