Date:      Wed, 9 Apr 1997 18:21:28 +0000
From:      Sas.Widjaja@mckesson.com
To:        "        -         (052)support(a)cdrom.com" <support@cdrom.com>
Cc:        "        -         (052)SysX(a)worldnet.att.net" <SysX@worldnet.att.net>
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.1.7 KERNEL recompilation

     4/9/97 - 10:24 AM
     Dear support team:

     I would like to re-compile the GENERIC KERNEL to support my IDE ATAPI
     CD-ROM drive, PS/2 mouse and to run the XFree86. The following are
     part of the KERNEL that I would like to modified, I have some
     questions on the options. Would you please help me to identify them.

# syscons is the default console driver, resembling an SCO console
device    sc0    at isa? port "IO_KBD" tty irq 1 vector scintr
# Enable this and PCVT_FREEBSD for pcvt vt220 compatible console driver
#device   vt0    at isa? port "IO_KBD" tty irq 1 vector pcrint
#options         "PCVT_FREEBSD=210"  # pcvt running on FreeBSD 2.1
#options         XSERVER             # include code for XFree86

   +------> SHOULD THESE BE UN-COMMENTED FOR XFree86 OPTIONS ?? (sc0???)
# Mandatory, don't remove
device   npx0  at isa? port         "IO_NPX"      irq 13 vector npxintr
device   sio0  at isa? port         "IO_COM1" tty irq 4 vector siointr
device   sio1  at isa? port         "IO_COM2" tty irq 3 vector siointr
device   sio2  at isa? disable port "IO_COM3" tty irq 5 vector siointr
device   sio3  at isa? disable port "IO_COM4" tty irq 9 vector siointr
device   lpt0  at isa? port?      tty irq 7 vector lptintr
device   mse0  at isa? port 0x23c tty irq 5 vector mseintr
device   psm0  at isa? disable port "IO_KBD" conflicts tty irq 12 vector smintr

                        +---> FOR PS/2 MOUSE (REMOVED DISABLE ???)