Date:      Sun, 7 Sep 1997 15:45:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tape question

> > This must be a problem with the Exabyte then...
>
> Or something in the specific host adapter driver.

I take that back, since the residual is coming back in the sense data
when the ILI bit is set.  I know some exabytes work properly - Alliant
used exabytes and had a program that would figure out the structure of
a tape by doing long reads.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime development, Machine control,
HD Associates, Inc.               Safety critical systems, Agency approval