Date:      Tue, 03 Feb 1998 08:50:21 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        Peter Mutsaers <plm@xs4all.nl>
Cc:        Donn Miller <dmm125@bellatlantic.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: netscape/swap_pager causing problems with syscons

>The problem that I reported before is not this one: I'm sure my
>swapspace was not depleted, and also the lock is thus that I get a
>sponaneous reboot (no ctrl+alt+delete needed).
>
>Last night I was working from an X-terminal (remotely) on my computer,
>again with netscape, emacs and lots of other windows at the same time
>open.
>
>The only difference: no X running locally, and also no mouse events on
>the mousedriver. There was no crash at all.
>
>I suspect the problem is with the psm0 driver, because since I started
>to use a PS/2 mouse instead of a serial one it seems to have started;
>but that might be coincidence and maybe the X server is causing it.

Would you possibly send me `dmesg' output after you boot the system
with `-v' boot option so that I can know the state of the psm0 driver?

Do you run `moused'?  Or, do you let the X server access the psm0
device directly?

Do you think you can reproduce your problem by running moused on psm0,
and login from the remote X-terminal and do some heavy work?  I prefer
you twiddle the PS/2 mouse at the same time if possible.

Kazu
yokota@freebsd.org