Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 2001 11:18:16 -0700
From:      "Robert Daniels" <rdaniels38@home.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NATD Problems, HELP!

------=_NextPart_000_008E_01C0A0AE.FB2FC760

Hello,
            I have a small network I am trying to get up. I have a =
computer named FOO that is my gateway. I have a client named BAR. Now I =
can get out on the internet just fine with foo. With computer BAR I can =
ping FOO, telnet into FOO and also ping FOO default GATEWAY and DNS =
server.  When I try to ping an address on the internet from computer BAR =
 for instance 208.220.149.252   I get a host name look up failure. If I =
but the later IP address in my hosts file with the HOSTNAME on computer =
BAR it will ping the IP address. So I think the problem Lies in computer =
BAR.  I don't have firewall or natd running on computer BAR just =
computer FOO. my rc.conf on computer BAR is basic. I just start the =
interface and set the default router to my private class C IP address on =
computer FOO. Any help would be apreciated.  Oh, I am running FreeBSD =
4.2 release on both boxes.=20

Thank You,
Robert Daniels=20

------=_NextPart_000_008E_01C0A0AE.FB2FC760

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have a small network I am trying to get up. I have =
a=20
computer named FOO that is my gateway. I have a client named BAR. Now I =
can get=20
out on the internet just fine with foo. With computer BAR I can ping =
FOO, telnet=20
into FOO and also ping FOO default GATEWAY and DNS server.&nbsp; When I =
try to=20
ping an address on the internet&nbsp;from computer BAR &nbsp;for =
instance=20
208.220.149.252&nbsp;&nbsp; I get a host name look up failure. If I but =
the=20
later IP address in my hosts file with the HOSTNAME on computer BAR it =
will ping=20
the IP address. So I think the problem Lies in computer BAR.&nbsp; I =
don't have=20
firewall or natd running on computer BAR just computer FOO. my rc.conf =
on=20
computer BAR is basic. I just start the interface and set the=20
default&nbsp;router to my private class C&nbsp;IP address on =
computer&nbsp;FOO.=20
Any help would be apreciated.&nbsp; Oh, I am running FreeBSD 4.2 release =
on both=20
boxes. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thank You,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Robert =
Daniels</FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_008E_01C0A0AE.FB2FC760--