Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 13:15:29 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PHP4 / Apache 1.3.11 / mySQL/ FreeBSD 3.2

I'd appreciate some words of wisdom in relation to installing PHP.
I've got Apache 1.3.11 working OK, mySQL installed, and now trying to
configure PHP4.

When I run "./configure --with-mysql --with-apache=../apache_1.3.11 \
 --enable-track-vars" as the install file says, I get an error message
"configure: error: newly created f!" & "Check your system clock"

I then ran "date" which tells me the setting is correct

"find / -name f!" didn't find anything by that name

I had a thought of removing apache & replacing it with a version already
including the PHP module, but since this apache 1.3.11 was compiled from
source, there doesn't appear to be any way to remove it .... at least
"pkg_delete" & "make deinstall" don't want to know about it and there isn't
any mention of apache in the pkg directory

Would someone please enlighten me on where to find the offending "f!"
/ how to deinstall / any other practical workaround which will get PHP
working