Date:      Wed, 27 Jan 1999 15:16:59 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <axl@iafrica.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        bonnetf@bart.esiee.fr, dhw@whistle.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, meyerd1@fang.cs.sunyit.edu, mike@smith.net.au
Subject:   Re: NIS with HPUX 10.20

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999 23:56:51 +1100, Bruce Evans wrote:

> No.  installworld more or less assumes single user.

This is really what I'm getting at. :-)

If installworld assumes single-user mode, why do we install -C
ld-elf.so.1 ? The first time I asked this question, I didn't mention
single-user mode and your answer was that it's to protect "live
systems". What's so live about a single-user system that we can't assume
nothing else needs ld-elf.so.1 while we're smacking it?

Ciao,
Sheldon.