Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 2000 18:33:28 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jerry Dunham <jdunham@fc.net>
To:        brameld@twave.net (Walter Brameld)
Cc:        jdunham@fc.net (Jerry Dunham), dan@mostgraveconcern.com (Dan O'Connor), abc@firehouse.net (Alan Clegg), bduk@earthlink.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dumb terminal vendor

Walter Brameld babbled:
> From brameld@twave.net Tue Apr  4 18:09:21 2000

> On Tue, 04 Apr 2000, in a never-ending search for enlightenment, Jerry Dunham wrote:
> > Dan O'Connor babbled:
> >> Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 19:18:27 -0700

> >> <ROFL>
> >>
> >> Oh. They still make those?
> >
> > I think mine's broken.  I can't even find the "erase" button on this
> > thing.  It says "Bic" on the side, so could it be that I just have a
> > poorly designed brand?  I can get a command line, but the GUI is quite
> > poor.  Maybe it's just downrev.
>
> They usually only tend to get GUI if you leave them in your shirt
> pocket too long...

Why do you think I consider the GUI quite poor?  At the price of replace-
ment shirts it doesn't take many GUIs to make ME poor.  I must need a new
notebook.  I hear the one called "Etch-A-Sketch" is quite nice, and the
"erase" functions well.  It even has a more advanced GUI that doesn't ruin
shirt pockets.  The command line interface sucks, though.

--
Jerry Dunham                     FreeBSD                 Atarian ordinaire
jdunham@fc.net               jerry@dunham.org            (512)335-0674 (H)

                              E Pluribus Unix