Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 2003 20:48:44 -0600 (CST)
From:      Stephen Cravey <clists@www.gotbrains.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        dirk@freebsd.org
Subject:   mod_php4.3.1 + CURL cores with apache13-modssl

I seem to have discovered a problem with the mod_php4 4.3.1 port when it
interacts with CURL and apache13-modssl port. When CURL support is
compiled into php4 and the libssl/mod_ssl modules are loaded/added apache
cores on startup. so basically, an 'apachectl startssl' result in :

Feb 27 17:00:20 xxxxx /kernel: pid 12468 (httpd), uid 0: exited on signal
11 (core dumped)

no other errors are generated other than a generic segfault message to
STDERR.

An 'apachectl start' seems to work fine. 'apachectl startssl' with
php4.3.1 WITHOUT curl support starts fine.

I believe that this may have something to do with a conflict between the
openssl 'port' libraries apache-modssl uses and the freebsd 'contrib'
openssl libraries that curl is using. I do not get an error when compiling
curl, only mod_php4. I do not understand the linker well enough to fully
understand where precicely the problem might lie.

pertinent snippets of my httpd.conf are here:

LoadModule usertrack_module   libexec/apache/mod_usertrack.so
LoadModule unique_id_module   libexec/apache/mod_unique_id.so
LoadModule setenvif_module    libexec/apache/mod_setenvif.so
LoadModule php4_module        libexec/apache/libphp4.so
<IfDefine SSL>
LoadModule ssl_module         libexec/apache/libssl.so
</IfDefine>

AddModule mod_usertrack.c
AddModule mod_unique_id.c
AddModule mod_so.c
AddModule mod_setenvif.c
AddModule mod_php4.c
<IfDefine SSL>
AddModule mod_ssl.c
</IfDefine>

php4 'make' with curl support during the curl support (not curl
port) build section shows:

/usr/libexec/elf/ld: warning: libssl.so.2, needed by
/usr/local/lib/libcurl.so, may conflict with libssl.so.3

/usr/libexec/elf/ld: warning: libcrypto.so.2, needed by
/usr/local/lib/libcurl.so, may conflict with libcrypto.so.3

My OS is: 4.7-RELEASE-p6 FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE-p6 #0: Sun Feb 23 19:27:13
CST 2003

I'm running:
apache+mod_ssl-1.3.27+2.8.12
mod_php4-4.3.1
openssl-0.9.7a
curl-7.10.3_1

php4 has GD1, sockets and mysql support compiled in as well.

Please, please help. I'm on a seriously tight deadline.

-Stephen