Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 2003 11:38:01 +0000
From:      Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@technokratis.com>
To:        Stephane Raimbault <segr@hotmail.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.1-R kernel panic

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 09:25:34AM -0600, Stephane Raimbault wrote:
> Hi Bosko,
>
> My kernel panic'd again this morning.  I had removed all the USB devices
> from my kernel and had set my /etc/rc.conf to usbd_enable="NO" and the
> kernel panic'd again.
>
> I have attached both my kernel config file and the trace of the panic.  Let
> me know if I can provide any further information to help analyze this
> problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Stephane Raimbault.

   Hmmm.  For what it's worth, I've seen both of these panics before.

   Have you tried to cvsup to the latest -current (with all of those UMA
   fixes?)

   Also, try grabbing
   http://people.freebsd.org/~bmilekic/uma_races.patch  and applying
   that to a fresh -current.  I'm not sure that it's related, but at
   this point it's worth a shot.

   It's worth noting that a small chunk of the above patch may fail as I
   just committed a part of it.  You should be able to safely ignore
   that.

   Let me know how it works out.

Regards,
--