Date:      Sat, 21 Jul 2001 18:44:10 +0200
From:      Thierry Herbelot <thierry@herbelot.com>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
Subject:   Re: dual booting -stable & -current

Garance A Drosihn wrote:

[SNIP]

> How did you do those two installs though?  David is not saying that

I don't remember very well : it may well have been done via cloning an
existing slice via dump/restore (thus no sysinstall troubles ...)

[SNIP]

> Where you have trouble is if you have two dos-style slices defined,
> both of type freebsd, and you want sysinstall to install into the
> second of those two slices.
  ^^^^^^

OK, got it : I also installed a 3.5.1 from CD/sysinstall, but it was on
the 3rd BIOS partition, where the 4th was also FreeBSD (but situated in
the disk *after* ad0s3 which was to be the new boot partition)

[SNIP]

BTW : thanks for the *detailed* explanation

--
Thierry Herbelot