Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2000 22:38:25 -0600
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        andrew@ugh.net.au
Cc:        Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>, Jimmy <olgeni@uli.it>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.2 BETA ISO image

On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 02:25:56PM +1000, andrew@ugh.net.au wrote:
#
# > Actually in this case it is PACKAGE_BUILDING but you are on the
# > right track nevertheless. :)
#
# >From the makefile it could be either (.if !defined(BATCH) &&
# !defined(PACKAGE_BUILDING)) and sysinstall isn't package building so BATCH
# would be more appropriate wouldn't it?

What is in the Makefile doesn't have anything to do with
installing the package from sysinstall on the first disc of
the 4 CD sets.

From ports/mail/pine4/pkg-install:

if [ "$2" = "POST-INSTALL" -o -n "${PACKAGE_BUILDING}" ]; then
  exit 0
fi

As I said in this case it is PACKAGE_BUILDING that when defined
would cause the interactive nature on install to stop.  However
there are other ports that use BATCH.  These variables are really
only intended to be used for machines that do package builds
however as I've suggested several times now, these can be over-
loaded by sysinstall to control install interaction as well by
adding something like the following two lines to sysinstall.

	setenv("PACKAGE_BUILDING", "t", 1);
	setenv("BATCH", "t", 1);

-steve