Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 1995 13:11:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Alok K. Dhir" <adhir@bigdipper.umd.edu>
To:        Didier Derny <didier@aida.remcomp.fr>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Sun, 30 Apr 1995, Didier Derny wrote:

[stuff deleted]

> I think that a cdrom would be interesting
>
> perhaps by a kind of subscription for one year
> for exemple 6 cdrom prepaid to cover the cost.
>
> the cdrom could also contain the archive of the news since the last cdrom.

and an archive of the mailing lists - with a searchable database engine
for the news/mail...  Hmmm...

I think this is an excellent idea...  Jordan?  What are the chances of
Walnut Creek offering a FreeBSD-SNAP subscription?  I'd happily pay
for a monthly or semi-monthly CDROM.  Say a couple hundred bucks a year?

You could put all kinds of great stuff on it - ports, packages, etc etc.
Even a live filesystem...

Here's to hoping...