Date:      Mon, 13 Aug 2001 21:20:58 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Edvard Fagerholm" <desti@sigtrap.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Old PC + Big IDE HD = Booting?

About the only thing I know that will work reliably is to find some old
IDE disk that's under 8GB and make it C: then put the 40GB drive
as drive D:

You might possibly get it to run with Disk Manager (or whatever passes
for Disk Manager that they include with disk drives these days) I've seen
it done once with FreeBSD.