Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 2000 20:44:10 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org, Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
Subject:   Re: Cardbus drivers

Your best bet is to start helping me get newcard working BEFORE doing
the cardbus stuff.  They are somewhat interrelated and we need to have
a good foundation for the 16 bit stuff before going off and doing the
32 bit stuff.  Otherwise I would have been working on that....

I have the specs that you'll need to do work on the cardbus side of
things.  In addition, there's at least one effort underway in Japan to
do this same sort of thing, plus efforts underway to do things to the
pci bus to make it easier to have cardbus things happen.  Those need
to be in place before we start on drivers.

Most of the cardbus drivers for cardbus cards will be relatively
simple attachment drivers.  Separating out the pci attachment, writing
a cardbus attachment, that sort of thing.  Other, more complex drivers
will need to be added in time as well.

If  I sound too grumpy, it is because I'm catching up on my email from
my vacation and have been sitting in a car for 9 hours...

Warner