Date:      Fri, 22 Oct 2004 22:23:34 -0400
From:      Parv <parv@pair.com>
To:        Roland van Laar <the_mip_rvl@myrealbox.com>
Cc:        mail-port <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: teTeX

in message <1098486826.2792.243.camel@Icke.dorm.ucu.uu.nl>,
wrote Roland van Laar thusly...

> figured out that teTeX port has a severe flaw. It has a
> /usr/local/share/texmf/tex/latex/times.sty times.sty has \input
> psfonts.sty psfonts.sty is not existing :( I tried compiling with
> WITH_DVIPSK=yes as this was said to solve the problem; it did not

It seems after looking in times.sty, teTeX-2.0.2_3 -- the one before
the division, that it provides Times font.  I personally do not have
problem using that font in a LaTeX document.

If you wish i could temporary provide you w/ the package that i
built; i cannot say if you would have problems w/ (non)existing
dependencies.  If you desire the package, send me a private mail & i
will send you the temporary URI to download the 58 MB teTeX-2.0.2_3
package, built some time on Apr 26, 2004.

Or, you could turn on the time machine to go to the good times using
CVSup (or however you would like) & then make teTex 2.0.2_3.  In
case of CVSup, try the following sup file setting (adjust as you
like)...

  *default base=/usr  prefix=/usr
  *default delete use-rel-suffix compress release=cvs

  #  Roll back the time on ports to return when teTex 2.0.2_3
  #  existed
  *default date=2004.04.26.00.00.00

  ports-all tag=.

  - Parv