Date:      Thu, 05 Nov 2009 22:00:41 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        "Lisa Casey" <lisa@jellico.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org, mwe@consol.de, np@bsn.com
Subject:   Re: web hosting

Hi Lisa cc ISP list + Norbert & Michael,

> We have been running an ISP for 15 years and have decided to
> outsource pretty much everything. We've got our radius authentication
> and email outsourced, the only thing left is our web hosting. We
> have four domains that we currently provide web hosting for and I
> need to find a cheap reliable hosting company to move these to. I
> have, of course, google web hosting but there's thousands of them
> out there. I thought folks on this list might have some suggestions.
>
> Thanks, I appreciate any  suggestions/advise.

Rather than thousands of ISPs that google might find, that might
not be especially FreeBSD based, a smaller list is here:
	http://www.freebsd.org/commercial/isp.html

One friend of mine np@bsn.com cc'd is at a small so very flexible
pretty much entirely FreeBSD based ISP.

Another friend mwe@consol.de also cc'd is at another ISP, not sure
what percentage FreeBSD, but more bandwidth if you've heavier demand.

I guess all ISPs will ask you similar questions re. what you need
in way of steady & max traffic load, human support, max %
outage per month, 2nd site offset geographic mirroring ?, backup +
slave, or cluster, what extras like php mysql whatever else, inc
which apache Rev.  & a hint of just roughly what ballpark `cheap'
falls in, ie roughly how many zeros in what currency per month you'r
hoping to pay ?

Cheers,
Julian
--