Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 100 08:40:04 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Reinier Bezuidenhout <rbezuide@oskar.dev.nanoteq.co.za>
To:        jasone@canonware.com (Jason Evans)
Cc:        archer@lucky.net, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Preemptiveness of FreeBSD threads

> My experiments with your test program do exactly what I would expect.  The
> longer the program is run, thu longer the program has to preempt threads,
> which means that given enough time, all threads will run.  If the program
> is run for a short time (less than about 1.5 seconds) then some threads may
> never get to run.

On my system it doesn't matter how long I leave it .. the times it doesn't
work ... e.g. belowe .. it even had enough time to let the varialble wrap ...

jarrow# ./thread
^C
Thread 0x00: 0
Thread 0x01: 0
Thread 0x02: 0
Thread 0x03: 0
Thread 0x04: 0
Thread 0x05: 0
Thread 0x06: 0
Thread 0x07: 0
Thread 0x08: 0
Thread 0x09: 0
Thread 0x0a: -1532959619

So letting it run for longer doesn't help :/

Reinier