Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 1996 00:38:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   termcap/curses vs ncurses

Hi...

	Other then "because nobody has done it yet", why do we have
termcap & curses & ncurses & mytinfo?  ncurses alone replaces them all,
except for the fact that everyone seems to be dead-set against terminfo
vs termcap.

	curses is dated '94, termcap is dated '93, and I haven't figured
out what mytinfo is used for, but its dated '92, while ncurses is being
actively developed.

	it just looks like a lot of redundant libraries to do the same
thing, with the result of having a bloated set of libraries.

Marc G. Fournier | POP Mail  Telnet Acct  DNS Hosting
System           |  WWW Services   Database Services  | Knowledge,
  Administrator  |                                    | Information and
 scrappy@ki.net  |      WWW: http://www.ki.net        | Communications, Inc