Date:      Thu, 4 Feb 2010 15:56:19 +0000
From:      Mike Clarke <jmc-freebsd2@milibyte.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: this may be impossible: iis there a way to play streams on our firefox?

On Thursday 04 February 2010, Adam Vande More wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 7:29 PM, Gary Kline <kline@thought.org> wrote:
> >        Is there a way of streaming stuff like old tv shows, the
> >        bbc-player, and pbs steams on the freebsd version of
> > firefox35?
> >
> >        thought i'd give it a last try since everything is upgraded
> > on my desktop.
>
> /usr/ports/www/linux-f10-flashplugin10

Is it just me or is the flash plugin still not fully functional? I'm
running Firefox 3.5.7 with linux-f10-flashplugin-10.0r42 on
8.0-RELEASE-p2, some flash videos work but many fail. For example BBC
iplayer always comes up with a message "This content doesn't seem to be
working. Try again later" superimposed over a still image of the start
of the video. YouTube videos play but without any sound.

--
Mike Clarke