Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 2002 16:19:25 +0200
From:      "Karel J. Bosschaart" <karelj@wop21.wop.wtb.tue.nl>
To:        Gavin Kenny <gavinkenny@yahoo.co.uk>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DRI - Direct Rendering

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 01:39:59PM +0100, Gavin Kenny wrote:
>  --- "Karel J. Bosschaart"
> <karelj@wop21.wop.wtb.tue.nl> wrote: > On Tue, Apr 16,
> 2002 at 11:15:18AM +0100, Gavin
> > Kenny wrote:
> > > Hi folks,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to get DRI running on my Dell C600
> > laptop.
<snip>
> > Section "DRI"
> >     Mode 0666
> > EndSection
> >
> Yup! I've added those bits to XF86Config.
>
> Any ideas?

Do you have the agp device in your kernel config or do
you load as a module? I've seen a machine where the agp module
only worked when loaded at boot time in /boot/loader.conf
(or compiled in the kernel) but it was some time ago and someone
reported that this crashed his machine :-(.

If you have agp in your kernel, I'm out of ideas...

Oh well, one other thing comes to mind: IIRC, DRI only works for
16bpp and there should be enough memory left for DRI, which means
that you could try lowering your resolution if you have some high
settings, although I don't expect that with 64 MB ;-).

Karel.