Date:      Wed, 2 Jan 2002 20:02:22 -0500
From:      Matthew Graybosch <matthew@starbreaker.net>
To:        Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: This is *not* a racist comment

--=.(BSQ/W7hAKJtV1

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002 01:40:49 +0100
Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net> wrote:

> Then I would check all the email programs that people use, anyone using
> Outlook(Express) -- off with their heads --, then anyone who didn't
> break lines at column 72-76, then anyone who sent HTML, then anyone
> who sent attachments to mailing lists, then anyone who votes Republican,
> or uses fetchmail (since that was written by someone who is a member of
> the NRA, an organisation of which I disapprove), let me see.. that would
> leave me with .. mmmm..

What about long-haired Iron Maiden fans? >^..^<

I can understand blocking the Outlook users, and the people who couldn't be
bothered to set a sane linebreak, and HTML-mailers, but attachments? If you
did that to this list, I wouldn't be able to post, since Sylpheed makes an
attachment for the GPG signature.

I'm not fond of Republicans myself (though I think Democrats are just as
bad, but for different reasons), but how would you enforce *that* ban?

Then there's the fetchmail bit. I don't agree with everything ESR says, but
banning fetchmail users because you disagree with ESR's politics seems a
*bit* unreasonable to me.

--
Matthew Graybosch
http://www.starbreaker.net