Date:      Tue, 5 Sep 2000 18:14:20 -0400
From:      "Raymond Hicks" <rayhicks@UU.NET>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   <hostname>.wizard

Cheers,
  can anyone tell me what this entry when I do netstat does..  what are
these entries?
  <hostname>.wizard or
  <hostname>.2003
  <hostname>.callbook
  <hostname>.globe

also...
what are they and are they necessary?  How do I shut them down?

2)
  how do I block my box from allowing access from certain IP addresses?
should I add a hosts.deny file in /etc?  Does FreeBSD recognize this
convention?  I am running 3.4 on intel 233...  this is pertaining to
Portsentry...  it by default wants to add to hosts.deny and there is not a
hosts.deny file there so I created one and it still allows you to connect
from blocked addresses..??

any help is greatly appreciated...

cheers

raymond Hicks