Date:      Tue, 11 Sep 2001 17:56:55 +0000
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
To:        "Mark Hughes" <mhughes@digitalspy.co.uk>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: OT: World Trade Centre destroyed

On Tuesday 11 September 2001 14:57, Mark Hughes wrote:
> I know this is OT, but just watching the news....hijacked planes have hit
> the world trade centre and the pentagon, pictures just on TV of the world
> trade centres twin towers collapsing, one half an hour after the other.
>
> Terrible terrible stuff, and my condolences to anyone affected by this
> awful happening.

I was working on contract in Latrobe, Pennsylvania this morning when the
news came.  A short time later, the Latrobe fire whistles went off.  Word came
in that the local Latrobe airport was preparing to have a crippled plane land
and local authorities/emergency crews were rushing to Latrobe airport. The
plane never arrived, it crashed in a fireball about 50 miles east of Latrobe. A
short time later, the news reported that someone on the plane had called 911
from a cell phone and told the dispacher that the plane was being hijacked.

The area where the plane crashed was mostly forest, other than the passengers
on the plane, nobody was injured. Early reports indicate that there are no
survivors on the plane.

I prefer to think that the pilot of the plane managed to crash the plane in a safe
area instead of giving in to the hijackers or crashing it in a more populated area.
I may be proven wrong later, but for now, I want to officially thank _anyone_ who
has acted bravely and selflessly during this disaster.  And my condolonces to
anyone who's lost a loved one.

To those who are causing this chaos, I pray for your souls as well, because you've
blackened them with your hatred.

For me, it's already hit pretty close to home. I have friends in New York, and I probably
won't know for some time whether they're all right or not.

-Bill