Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 1996 17:28:32 -0400
From:      WSNAdmin@aol.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing

First, I would like to say thank you to all involved in the FreeBSD project.
 I think it is a wonderful means for learning.

And learning is why I'm writing.  I'll cut to the chase and I'm sorry for
bugging you.

I am installing from floppies (ok, so I'm taking the hard way) and I
installed the /bin and /man files,  how would I later install the /src
binaries from a DOS floppy.  I read something about the build is organized so
that one can install other parts of the system (except for the src files)
from an NFS mount.  I would hate to have to re-install again.  It seems, by
reading the literature, that I can make or build the binaries....or are they
already compiled and all I have to do is install.

If there are no specific references to this could at least direct me to the
correct commands I can wade through them and try to figure it out, but
specific instructions would be great because I'm new to using UNIX/BSD from
the administrator side.

BTW I am using 2.1.0 not the new 2.1.5.

Thank you in advance for any help that you can send my way and again for a
great operating system.  I'm sorry to have been a pest, I'll go out and try
to find one of the basic books listed in the faq.

P.S. the tutorial section is a great idea on the web.

Thank you,

John Moore