Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2002 06:46:39 -0500
From:      Dave Kaufman <daverk@epix.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw settings

i use my freebsd on a stand alone home computer with a dial up connection to
my isp. it's connected for 6 or more hours a day. i'm thinking i should
implement some protection. i've read Dru Lavigne's articles but am unclear on
one point. is there any difference in the devices referenced in the rulesets
ie. ed0 versus a dialup connection. it appears the articles are on a network
connection (ie. through a nic). does this matter?

thanks
Dave